Simon Says Part 17
Do you want to live a life that brings great satisfaction and connection with eternal rewards? This message will give you the tools and instructions so this can be your present and future reality.
Simon Says – A Study in 1st Peter
1 Peter 3:8-9 Life of Blessing
Dave Spooner – Mosaic Rockford – May 17th, 2015
- Do you want to live a life that brings great satisfaction and connection with eternal rewards?
- Then today is your day because we are going to learn from God through the writing of the Apostle Peter as to what we are to do in order for these desires to become a present and future reality.
- Bring them up to speed as to where we have been in this series. (What we have in Christ, who we are in Him and how we are to live as Christians in our relationship with each other, in our world, our work and our families.)
- Now in summery God gives to us all final instructions as to how we all should live.
1 Peter 3:8-9
Finally, all of you should be like-minded and sympathetic, love as brothers with compassion and humility. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
1 Peter 3:8a
Finally, all of you should be like-minded and sympathetic
- All of you
- This must be the culture of your community – these are the things you should be known for
- We were made to be connected in community . . .
- Be unified mentally . . . be “like minded”
- To bring your thoughts alongside of others for a common goal and purpose . . .
- To reign in and curb . . .
- To be in harmony . . .
- Be unified emotionally
- To have a fellow feeling – mutual commissary . . . to experience pain jointly of the same kind
- Getting ourselves into the same position as the other . . .
- Mental aliment with emotional connection
1 Peter 3:8b
love as brothers with compassion and humility
- As a fraternity or sorority . . .
- as those sharing the same space . . .
- Friendly – one team – for each other – fond of each other
- With compassion
- Tender hearted toward the other . . . tender mercy, pity
- and humility
- to not think that you are better than others / to be low / to depress / kindness . . .
- To see yourself better than others in your own eyes
- to be a servant
1 Peter 3:9
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
- Do not return evil with evil . . .
- People will be evil toward you . . . don’t retaliate
- Do not repay insult with insult . . .
- People will insult you . . . don’t replay with insult
- Bless . . .
- To be blessed, you MUST be a blessing
- For to this you were called . . .
- You are called to be a blessing wherever you go and however you can
- This life is not about you . . .
- Your calling is for you but it is not about you . . .
- You are fulfilling your calling when your life most blesses other people . . .
- So that you may inherit a blessing
- In the world you receive an inheritance when someone else dies, in the Kingdom, you receive an inheritance when you die . . .
- There really is no retirement down here . . . you are just focusing in on another way you can bless people.
- Great will be your reward
1 Peter 1:3-4
In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade — kept in heaven for you.
- So to live a life with Great satisfaction and connection with eternal rewards then
- Be united – in mind and emotion
- Be loving – with compassion and humility
- Be blessed . . . by being a blessing
- Prayer people / salvation prayer