Mosaic Ten Year Anniversary
Remembrance : Partnership : Completion
Mosaic Rockford – Dave Spooner – April 23rd, 2017
- Introduce the verses from Paul as he has expressed my heart for them and our time together as Mosaic
Phil 1:3-4 ESV
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,
Remembrance of you
- It is good to remember – in doing so, our thoughts and emotions are touched. It helps us stay connected, it cultivates thankfulness, gives us satisfaction and perspective
- It has been a joy! We have some great memories together: the very start, homes, trailer, gateway, Hallstrom center, vans, VBS, community picnics, GSG, Bible studies, financial peace, small groups, CKIA, BLUE, Shoeboxes, mission’s trips, local mission focus (Magnuson house, project 1013, rock house kids), Halloween outreaches, . . . 520 sermons, 2600 songs, 120 mission chapels, 120 Luther center chapels, money given, ministries supported, fun gatherings, vans and trailers, buses . . .
- Some have passed away, and we remember them with fondness
- Some have moved away, and we rejoice in their new beginning
- Some have gone astray, and we grieve at the loss
- Some have stormed away, and we bear the scars
- Some have come to stay, and we give thanks for the relationships and partnerships
Phil 1:5 ESV
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.
Partnership with you
- Partnership –
- Those who are partnered with: Bridge ministries, Every Day Ministries, R2hop, Africa Inland Mission (Hinton’s), Youth for Christ, Intervarsity, Rockford Rescue Mission, Pregnancy Care Center, Hallstrom Center (FCF, House of Prayer, mops, healing rooms, 8 years), other churches (in the past James Baldwin, Susan Griffeth)
- People that are sent out into ministry: Heather Johnson, Shawn Miller, Alan Magnuson, our kids – Deb and other people as well
- Leaders who are with us now and that we support: Fishable/Rock House Kids / Youth for Christ / Hallstrom Homeschool / Philadelphia Ministries / Silver / Pregnancy Care Center / Dennis and Lydia Bowen, and you (teachers and administrators, lawyers, government employees, business owners, pharmacists, medical personnel, engineers, pilots, carpenters, insurance agents, realtors, sales people, retail workers, cooks, cleaners, mechanics, musicians, care givers, counselors, students, retirees, survivors and friends)
- There are always more people in the room than those who are in the room
- Not just what we have done, but how we have done it: Making a difference. Together.
- Humility and humor, service and sacrifice, friendship and faithfulness, patience and perseverance, generosity and grace, kindness and compassion, truth and transparency and love over them all
- In the gospel . . .
- Which we are unashamedly and intentionally built on and about
Phil 1:6 ESV
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Completion in you
- Completion in you: personal – Make us to be like Jesus Christ . . .
Rom 8:29 ESV
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son
- Completion in you: congregational –
Eph 4:15 ESV
speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ
- Image of the Mosaic – picture . . . True Mosaic of the people of Rockford (we have a problem of coming together – let us break in completely); They will know we are Christians by our love, and not just those who are like us, but especially those who are not!!
- Location – it’s the best one to do what we are called to do . . . (some say, “No, this will not work, it’s not safe”. . . we just bought a house 3 min away)
- I can see this place teaming with people. . . why “more is better” and paint the picture of more… Children / families / missions / services / youth / prayer /Leaders / more people praising Jesus, until the end will come
- Is more better? Absolutely yes! Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations”
Questions for the ride home
- Share some of your memories and joys about your time with Mosaic.
- What are the ways you can make a difference in fulfilling the vision of God’s work through Mosaic?
- John 17:20-22